Regular exercise is like a key to healthy living and adds years to our life. Exercise in simple is physical exertion or any movement which makes our muscles work and burns calories.
Today, let us talk about a few health benefits of exercises and also about the kind of exercises we need to incorporate in our daily routine.
Health benefits of regular exercises
Advantages of exercises are far beyond just weight loss, they also help in reducing the risk of several chronic health disorders like
- Cardiovascular diseases- Regular exercising prevents the risk of cardiovascular disorders like heart attack and stroke by improving circulation, lowering BP, strengthening heart muscles, raises HDL (good cholesterol) levels and also reduces LDL (bad cholesterol) levels.
- Diabetes (Type 2 diabetes)-Regular exercising improves insulin performance and controls sugar levels which further cut down your risk of diabetes especially Type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- High BP- By being physically active, you can reduce the levels of body fat which is connected to high BP (hypertension).
- Osteoporosis- Practising weight bearing exercises strengthens bone health by promoting bone formation. It also prevents bone loss associated with aging and also reduces the risk of several bone and joint related diseases like Osteoporosis and Arthritis.
- Obesity- One of today’s major problem and a risk factor for many diseases, Obesity can be controlled with regular exercising. Regular physical activity helps to reduce fat accumulations.
- Improves sleep quality- Do you know the energy depletion that happens during exercising helps to improve sleep. According to a study, moderate to vigorous exercise regularly can improve sleep quality by 65%. People struggling with Insomnia also were able to sleep more longer and deeper with regular exercising.
- Controls stress and make you relaxed- During exercise our body releases chemicals which controls your stress and keeps you relaxed and furthermore it also reduces your risk of depression.
- Improves skin health- Oxidative stress is like an enemy to our skin health. Regular exercising increases our body’s production of natural antioxidants which protects our cells from oxidative damage.
Few types of physical activities one should include
You know what, choosing the most suitable type of physical exercise is very important. Few types of physical exercise include
- Aerobic activities- This type of exercises speeds up your breathing and heart rate which further improves heart health and lung fitness. Few types of Aerobic activities include Running, Jogging, Brisk walking, Cycling, Boxing, Dancing, Swimming and so on.
- Stretching activities- Stretching and balancing activities increases physical stability and flexibility.Few types of stretching and balancing activities include dancing, gentle stretching, yoga, martial arts and Tai chi.
- Strengthening activities- These activities help to build and maintain bones and muscles. Weight lifting is one type of Resistance, Strength building and Weight bearing activity.
Most of all, remember to do some warm up before and after exercising to losen up your muscles and to cool down your body.
Simple ways to be active in our daily routine
Below are a few simple tips which helps to keep you active in your daily routine
- Prefer using stairs instead of escalators and elevators
- Do some stretching exercises during your breaks
- Instead of calling your friend, try to walk near to their desk
- Do some walking during your lunch hours
- Try to walk or go cycling for short distances instead of using your vehicle
- Park your car a little away from your destination and walk