Living with Diabetes is not easy as it can affect each and every part of your body starting from eyes to your feet. Adverse effects of Diabetes might show up at any time, if you do not check your sugar levels regularly. The most important part of controlling your Diabetes is by getting your routine checkups/ tests done frequently. These diagnostic tests help to control the complications of Diabetes, if in case you are already suffering from Diabetes. These tests are also very crucial for people who have a family history of Diabetes, as these tests help to disclose your underlying risks in the early stages and help you to take required preventive measures.
Below is the list of few diabetes tests which helps you to prevent diabetic complications
- HbA1C- This particular test helps to measure your glucose levels over a period of time. This test is usually done once in every three to four months and if your A1C levels are 6.5% or more than that indicates that you are suffering from Diabetes. If your A1C levels are between 5.7 and 6.4% then it is considered as Prediabetes and if the level is below 5.7% then it is considered to be normal.
- Fasting blood sugar test- In this particular test, your samples will be collected after overnight fast i.e. you will be asked not to eat anything before your sample collection. If your sugar levels are less than 100 mg/dL (5.6 mmol/L), then it is considered to be normal and if your sugar levels range from 100 to 125 mg/dL (5.6 to 6.9 mmol/L), then it is considered prediabetes. If the sugar levels are more than or equal to 126 mg/dL (7 mmol/L) on two separate tests, then it indicates that you have diabetes.
- CBC-This test is performed to evaluate the overall health of an individual and this test plays a crucial role in disclosing your risks of several disorders ranging from anemia to leukemia. This test measures several important components of our body like RBC’s, WBC’s, Hemoglobin, proportion of plasma in platelets and so on. Any increase or decrease in the cell count indicates an underlying health condition and needs further diagnosis.
- Cholesterol test-Diabetic people are more at risk of developing heart diseases when compared to others. Hence one should check their cholesterol levels frequently to reduce their risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Post Prandial Glucose Test (PPBS)- In this test glucose levels are measured after having a meal. This is mainly because the glucose levels in our body rise after having our meals which further leads pancreas to produce more insulin.
- Creatinine test- This helps to test creatinine levels in our body fluids. These creatinine levels in our body help to determine the functioning of our kidneys.
- Insulin Auto Antibodies (IAA)- Among people with Type 1 diabetes, the immune system mainly attacks the insulin and this test helps to detect the antibodies in our body attacking insulin.
- Electrolytes- This test helps to measure electrolytes in our body like sodium, potassium and so on. This test further helps to evaluate the risk of heart diseases.
- C-Peptide-This test helps to measure C-Peptide levels in our body. Usually, peptide levels match insulin levels in our body, through this test we can also measure how much insulin is produced in our body.
In order to control diabetes and its complications, one should make sure that they are getting all the tests done. Getting these tests done at a trustworthy diagnostic center is also very crucial. This is mainly because the treatment for Diabetes depends on these results. Hence getting accurate and timely results is a must. Aruna Scan and Diagnostic center is one of the leading and trustworthy diagnostic centers in Hyderabad. We at Aruna Scan and Diagnostic center make use of advanced technology developments and aim to offer timely and accurate test results.